Mastering the Art of Arms, Vol. 2: The Medieval Longsword
If you've ever leafed through a facsimile of Fiore de Liberi's works, you'll know how difficult it is to learn swordsmanship from a book that is 600 years old and written in Italian.
In this book, Guy Windsor has drawn on 15 years of teaching the Art, and broken everything down and explained it so that you really can learn the Art of Swordsmanship.
This book will teach you:
- The theory and background of Fiore dei Liberi's medieval longsword system.
- How to train safely, with and without a partner
- Blade handling skills
- Basic pair drills
- How to develop your skills from basic pair drills all the way up to freeplay.
All supported by lots of free videos online.
Table of Contents:
- Introduction to the Mastering the Art of Arms Collection
- Foreword by Christian Cameron Introduction
- Chapter One: Tools of the Trade
- Chapter Two: General Principles
- Chapter Three: Footwork: Stepping and Turning
- Chapter Four: One Strike, One Defence
- Chapter Five: More Strikes, More DefencesChapter Six: More Strikes, and More Guards
- Chapter Seven: Counter Remedies, Their Counters, and Improving the Guards
- Chapter Eight: Counters to the Break, The Sword in One Hand and Exploiting Mistakes
- Chapter Nine: Binds, Malice and Deceit
- Chapter Ten: Preparing for Freeplay ￼
- Chapter Eleven: Freeplay!
- Chapter Twelve: A Final Summary: The System by Numbers
- Appendix A – Warming Up
- Appendix B – Glossary
- Indiegogo Campaign Contributors
4 other products in the same category:
From Medieval Manuscript to Modern Practice
2020 - Demystifies one of the greatest martial arts books of all time, Fiore dei Liberi's Il Fior di Battaglia
Destreza Historical Fencing - Sebastien Romagnan
By Carlo Parisi (Editor: Keith Farrell) - Fallen Rook Publishing
The Medieval Dagger
2012 - Both a primer and a methodology, this book is perfect for the novice, while providing useful drills and ideas for advanced martial artists.
Customers who bought this product also bought:
Beginners, light weapons and controlled sparring!
Steel Weapons Maintenance Kit