The ARCEM 350N HEMA Jacket is the new version of our well known Black Armoury V1 Jacket.
Upgrades to Version 2 include:
• Two zipper closure
• 350N rating throughout
• Higher quality tear resistant outer fabrics:
⁃ Abrasion resistant
• Highest quality industry standard YKK Coil zipper
• Full length Velcro closure to protect the zipper
• Revised padding material:
⁃ Reduced bulk, while maintaining impact protection
⁃ Increased breathability
⁃ Synthetic anti-allergen wadding
⁃ Now machine washable
• Reduced bulk of the over-bib collar
• Computer controlled precision stitching, with double stitching at all key points
• Updated stitching pattern to maintain mobility while increasing resistance
• An extended palette of available colours
• Lower additional cost for full custom sizing
• Custom embroidery option for text (Name, country, Etc) and flags or logos
The ARCEM range of jackets focuses on two things - maximum mobility and maximum throat and neck protection.
The mobility is achieved through precise contoured stitching of the shoulders and back, allowing the padded jacket to move freely with the wearer. This mobility is accentuated by close-fitting forearms, which, with the collar system, “tie” the jacket to the wearer at three points (forearms and neck) with the rest of the jacket slightly “floating” around the body. This solution - while inspired by examples of fit and assembly found in XIVth century pourpoints - is still unique in contemporary HEMA clothing.
Our most unique contribution (now copied but never matched) is the collar, which is designed to close over the mask bib.
We had three criteria in designing the collar :
• that it offer maximum protection of the neck and lower face in both thrust and cut,
• that it be easy and fast to open and close with gloved hands for sparing and tournament “breathers”,
• that it unify the mask and jacket into a single protective unit without hindering combat movement (once broken in).
Because it is worn outside the mask gives double protection from thrusts to the front - collar plus mask bib.
More uniquely, and not present on competing over-bib collars, it provides protection of the neck, all around, from strikes.
The collar has three blade catchers (front and both sides) that extend to behind the ears. It is designed so that the blade passage inside the jacket at the neck must strike the mask or be moving away from the body.
The collar can be opened to let off heat and raise the mask. With just a little practise, it is a simple matter to re-close the collar, even with heavy combat gloves.
• Our sizes are numbered 0 to 3 - corresponding to S, M, L and XL.
• We can produce each size as a “Long” version, which adds length of the jacket torso and/or the sleeves.(+10€)
• Our jacket however fits differently to other jackets, so it’s best to retake your measurements from our chart.
Our basic colour is black.
The jackets are available in other standard colours for an additional cost (+20€)
Benjamin C. published the 07/12/2022 following an order made on 28/09/2022
+ + +