In keeping with ARCEM's philosophy of blending historical design solutions with modern materials and adaptations to our HEMA practice, we're proud to present our 16th century inspired 800N rated pluderhose fight pants.
Fondly known as “puffy pants”, this type of very ample cut was hugely popular (in varying degrees of puffiness) in much of 16th century Europe. It is seen regularly in our period sources - from Meyer to Marozzo, Sainct Didier to George Silver and many others.
The period design, often a “slashed” outer layer with a thinner more supple inner layer puffed out through the slashes, has obvious safety problems for our modern practice. We’ve therefore taken the design, kept the general look and advantages of the pattern, and made a few changes.
The ARCEM puffy pants offer :
- The same very ample cut at the hips and thighs, but in 800N, fully stitched fabric rather than slit and puffed dual layers. This preserves the amazing comfort and freedom of movement of the originals, while offering top level modern perforation resistance. The roominess also provides lot of air circulation : much cooler, and less sticky, during sparring that the form fitting pants many of us wear.
- A modified high waist that comes over the navel, extending the 800N protection in case your jacket rises during combat. The adjustable, fitted high waist also offers a more comfortable and secure way to keep the pants from dropping than the more usual draw-string design.
- The waist adjusts with both a very wide front Velcro closure, and an adjustable back strap to allow you have the fit you prefer - tighter or looser.
- With a snug fit adjustment on the waist, the pants stay comfortably in place. Because some fighters prefer a looser waist adjustment, the pants come standard with three suspender loops. If you prefer that set-up, suspenders are included.
- We have opted to design these pants without pockets. This was by choice. As convenient as pockets are, our priority is on safety. Having seen first hand what a hard sword hit on car keys forgotten in a pocket can do to a thigh… well. Better safe than sorry.
- We have also designed these fight pants without any padding. The natural roominess of this type of garment leaves plenty of room for whatever additional protection the fighter wants to wear under them. Without built in padding, we maintain their amazing natural mobility.
The off-the-rack pluderhosen that we keep in stock are black and gray. Using the same fabrics as our ARCEM 800N jackets, you can replace the gray with another color from the palette (the main color of the pants is always black). This at an additional cost of 15 € and can take up to month to produce.
At the moment we do not offer these pants in custom sizes. If this option interests you, leave us a message to let us know!
|Around the waist (cm)||78-84||84-88||88-92||92-100||100-104||104-108|
|Around the hips (cm)||91||104||108||112||117||122|
|Pants Length* (cm)||66||73||75||75||77||79|
*Length measured under the waist band and to the bottom of the pants, under the knee. This model has a range of adjustability on this length.
The best for any "HEMA" textile remains hand washing, cold and air drying. That said, you can machine-wash the ARCEM pluderhose, on the "delicate" cycle so as not to damage the fibres and therefore reduce the protection, at 30°C maximum using your favorite detergent. But do NOT machine dry them!. Avoid aggressive "oxy" type washing products, stain removers, etc. It is also recommended to wash it alone the first time, because there is a risk of some colour leaching when they are new.
Mario B. published the 28/07/2022 following an order made on 07/04/2022
perfect leg protection and great quality
Luca F. published the 23/03/2022 following an order made on 19/02/2022
Pascal M. published the 28/02/2022 following an order made on 13/10/2021
Super qualité ! Bien à l’aise pour les mouvements, C’est parfait
Lukas F. published the 15/02/2022 following an order made on 22/10/2021
Very comfortable and extremely stylish, though we had a long wait time (expect 3+ months). You'll certainly be the fanciest member of your fencing club with these. I have yet to test them in full contact, free combat though.
"ARCEM" HEMA Jacket - 800N - MEN's
The ARCEM 800N HEMA Jacket is an upgraded version of our well known Black Armoury V1 Jacket.
"ARCEM" HEMA Jacket - 800N Colours - LADIES's
Our 800N ARCEM Ladies Jacket in Colours
"ARCEM" HEMA Jacket - 800N Custom - LADIES
Our 800N ARCEM Ladies Jacket - Custom Sizing
"ARCEM" HEMA Jacket - 800N Standard - LADIES
Our 800N ARCEM Ladies Jacket - Just Black